Spies are Scared of Turtles

Spies are Scared of Turtles
Current Issue: Winter 2017

How I Found a Diamond

Mara Janke, 7
Homeschool

One lonely day I found a diamond. I found the diamond in my front yard. The diamond was blue. The diamond was as big as anybody’s hand. When I found the diamond I was relieved because the diamond could have magic. I was going to keep the diamond forever. I ran to my room. My room was on the second floor. I ran slowly past my mom. I was lucky that my mom didn’t notice. I ran to the second floor and hid the diamond under my bed. I also discovered that the diamond was magic. How I found out it was magic was by looking through a telescope.

The next morning a pirate sailed to our house on a pirate ship. And while I was sleeping he crept into my house, woke me up, and pointed a sword at me. But it was not an ordinary sword. It was sharp, pointy, and long. He said, “Give me the diamond!” I was scared. I did not speak for a long time. Then I finally gave him a very pretty package with a sandwich in it. After the pirate took the sandwich and left, I started to laugh at the pirate and I lived happily ever after. The end.